Thursday, January 5, 2012

Reunited with Arizona

As an out of state student, my return to Arizona after the brief Winter Break was bitter sweet. I was both looking forward to and anxious about the coming semester.

My name is Angie and I'm a sophomore student living in the Barrett Residential community downtown. I am pursuing my Bachelor's and Master's concurrently in Journalism.

I moved back a day early for training at the Arizona Republic, my first day back in the dorms was quiet. Within the next two days my friends trickled back and I was reunited with them, my extracurricular activities, and school. Today marked the first day of the Spring 2012 semester and it was a day I was excited and scared for.

I officially started my internship with the Arizona Republic and I was worried I would mess up. I'm working out of Scottsdale and am unfamiliar with the area. After an hour commute in heavy traffic, I arrived and my fears disappeared. After eight hours of working on stories, I looked forward to coming back to my home in downtown Phoenix.

My classes don't start until Monday, but I'm ready to concur the semester. I have everything I need here in the heart of Phoenix from the support of Barrett Downtown and my friends living right next door! We have welcome back events Barrett planned to help us relax and catch up in the next few weeks.

Even though I miss home, I've made another home here in Phoenix thanks to the help of fellow Barrett students, faculty, and staff. Moving back is never difficult because of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment