Monday, January 9, 2012

Welcome Back to Barrett

Hello fellow Barrett peers. I hope you all enjoyed your break and are ready for a wonderful new semester. Being part of a year round program leaves little room for a break, so needless to say, this Christmas break was a much needed vacation for me. But now I am back and ready to jump head first into this semester. It will definitely be a full schedule once again.

To start, my name is Emily and I am currently a senior 1 in the accelerated upper-division nursing program. I am also the secretary for the College Council of Nursing Students and a class representative for the Student Nurses Association. And of course, I am a Barrett senior getting ready to begin my thesis.

My first day back was just as if I had never left. The morning was filled with orientation, new faculty of records, rules, tuberculosis tests, and class syllabi. After a complete inundation of new information, it was off to Phoenix Children’s Hospital to become familiar with the facility. I am more than overjoyed for this semester to being because it is my dream setting. I plan on attending medical school after I graduate and I plan on becoming a neonatologist. PCH is my dream hospital. I will get the opportunity to rotate through not only the main care floors but also the emergency room and PICU. I am looking forward to this learning experience and hope to gain every ounce of knowledge and experience I can.

Being a Barrett senior also means one thing… the thesis! I am getting ready to begin that journey as well. I am setting all the appointments and trying to formulate a few ideas. I’ll keep you updated on the progress.

Overall, I am so excited to be not only a senior, but a Barrett senior and I cannot wait to see what the semester brings. Barrett has so much to offer, so we will just have to see where my Barrett journey leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment