Sunday, April 1, 2012

Barrett Events

I had NO idea when I joined Barrett how many extra opportunities that I would have simply by being one of their students.

About a week ago I got an email about a program that Barrett in collaboration with Career Services was putting on downtown. The program was about the applying to medical school.

Now, I am a senior nursing major and haven't seriously considered medical school but the idea of going to 1.5 hour program delivered by an expert on the med-school application process subject sounded appealing because I figured that I could learn a lot in this small amount of time and start thinking about if med school was an option for me sometime in the future.

This program was convenient for me because it was after my Friday class at the downtown campus. There were about 10-15 students there, which meant that I could have quite an opportunity to talk with the guest speaker and pick his brain about what it would look like for me to possible go on to medical school.

I kept thinking to myself of what a blessing it is that I am a Barrett student and have opportunities such as this one to help me on my path to decide what I REALLY want to do in the future.

Long story short, I have my work cut out for me! It's a good thing that I have so many resources and programs to go to if I need help figuring things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment