Sunday, April 15, 2012

As The Summer Approaches

As spring semester comes to a close, the summer semester quickly follows. As an accelerated nursing student, I attend classes year round and with that being said, this summer will be my final semester as both a nursing student and a Barrett upper division student.
This summer brings many exciting things for me. I am currently working on my thesis pertaining to the effects of stress in nursing students and I will defend my thesis in July. I am finishing up my HON 394 course, which I have absolutely loved and I will be graduating in August.
As this semester comes to an end, I look back at my education and am amazed at all the opportunities I have been given. Barrett has been such a wonderful addition to my education. I cannot imagine life without it. Each required course has broadened my scope of knowledge and allowed me to reach outside my current mind set and add new skills, techniques, and information to my list. The creative thesis project has really been a blessing in disguise. The countless hours of research has opened my eyes not only to my topic but to all the information available to us as students. I have found so many useful resources that ASU offers. Barrett is an amazing tool for staying connected and utilizing everything ASU has to offer.
From volunteer opportunities, to workshops, to just plain fun activities, Barrett offers it all. I would encourage anyone interested to apply for Barrett. It has truly made all the difference in my education and I wouldn't trade a moment of it.


Both Barrett and the College of Nursing have been amazing components in my education. I cannot express my thanks enough to these two programs.



No comments:

Post a Comment